We offer various ways to sort and view the emails in your mailbox. Using our Sort, View, and Preview options, you can sort and view your mail in whatever way makes sense to you.
You can change these options by clicking the dropdown menu at the top of your message list. By default, this menu is set to All mail · newest first.
The Sort options allow you to sort the order that emails appear in your message list from top to bottom. Options include sorting by time, sender, subject, and size:
- newest first: Display the newest emails at the top.
- oldest first: Display the oldest emails at the top.
- by sender: Display emails in alphabetical order based on the sender's name.
- by subject: Display emails in alphabetical order based on the emails' subject lines.
- by size: Display the largest emails at the top.
The sorting option you choose will be remembered for each individual folder/label.
You can choose how pinned emails are sorted in your mailbox:
- Keep pinned on top: This will keep pinned emails at the top of your message list.
- Sort pinned with the rest: This will sort pinned emails with the rest of your messages.
The View options allow you to display emails based on what type of emails you want to see:
- All mail: This view displays all emails.
- Unread: This view displays only emails that have not been read.
- Pinned: This view displays only emails that have been pinned.
- VIPs: This view displays only emails that were sent by your VIP contacts.
The view reverts back to All mail if you navigate away from the folder or close your tab.
The Preview options allow you to choose how much information is displayed for each email in your message list view.
- Show message previews: This will display the sender, subject, and date of the email, as well as the beginning of the message body.
- Just show the senders, subject and date: This will display only the sender, subject, and date of the email.