If an event is going to occur more than once, you can set a repeating schedule for it. Repeating events allow you to set when the event occurs, and how often it occurs.
Repeating patterns for events include daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly, and they can be more specific depending on when your event occurs. For example, it could be every other week, every three months, on the last Friday of every month, or on the same calendar date every year.
To make an event repeat, create or edit the event and find the Repeat option. Enable this option by clicking the toggle button:
Once this option has been enabled, a new set of options will appear:
Depending on what day the event starts on and the frequency of the event, you'll get some different options for how it can be set to repeat.
First, you can select how frequently you want the event to occur:
- every - e.g., every day
- every other - e.g., every other day
- every (number) - e.g., every 3 days. (This option will automatically show another field where you can enter the number.)
Next, you can select the interval:
Depending on the interval you select, you may be able to choose more specific options.
- If you select day, you will not see any additional options.
- If you select week, you will see the following options:
- on (this day of the week) - e.g., on Wednesdays
- on (alternating days of the week) - e.g., on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- on weekdays
- on (select days) - e.g., on Tuesdays and Saturdays
- If you select month, you will see the following options:
- on the (date) - e.g., on the 15th
- on the (ordinal number) (day) - e.g., on the 3rd Thursday
- Depending on how the date falls in the calendar month, you may also see options such as on the last day, on the first weekday, etc.
The above options will match how the initial event is set. As an example, if the initial event falls on Wednesday the 31st, options offered will include on Wednesdays, on the 31st, on the last day of the month, etc.
You can also set how long the event repeats:
- Repeats forever
- Last occurs on (date)
- Occurs (number) times
If you edit a repeating event, you will be asked to choose how you want the change to be applied to the event:
- This event only
- This and all future occurrences
- All occurrences
Be sure to click Save after making changes to a calendar event.