Vivaldi is a web browser that can be downloaded for free on Windows, Mac, or Linux. Vivaldi Mail is Vivaldi's built-in mail client, allowing you to keep your mail folders in sidebar view while browsing the web.
Vivaldi Mail needs its own app password to access your information. If you use your normal password or your Fastmail two step verification password in Vivaldi Mail, syncing won't work and you will see a password error.
How to set up Vivaldi Mail:
1. Download and open the latest version of Vivaldi's beta build, Vivaldi Snapshot.
2. From the welcome page, select Fully Loaded. This will automatically open Mail in the Vivaldi panel.
3. Click Add Mail Account.
4. Enter your Fastmail email address, leave the dropdown menu on IMAP, and click Continue. The server details should fill in automatically.
Note: If the server details do not fill in automatically, then fill in the details as follows:
- Incoming Server: imap.fastmail.com
- Port: 993
- Username: Your full Fastmail username, including the domain.
- Password: Your Vivaldi Mail app password. (What is an app password?)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.fastmail.com
- Port: 465
- Username: The same Fastmail username entered previously.
- Password: The same Vivaldi Mail app password entered previously.
- Click Add Account and skip step 5.
5. Vivaldi will prompt you for your "long safe password." Enter your app password so Vivaldi can access your Fastmail account, then click Sign in. (What is an app password?)
Your Fastmail account is now ready to use in Vivaldi Mail!
Once your account has been added, you can edit your sender name, signature, and other mail settings from the same window.