If you need to send the same type of message on a frequent basis, you can save time by creating a template.
To create a template:
- Create a folder or label called
Templates. Be sure to type it exactly like that, including the capital T.
- Compose a new message with the content you want to have as your template. Save this as a draft.
- Go to your Drafts folder and move the draft you just created to your Templates folder or label.
To start a new message from a template:
- Go to your Templates folder or label and click the message.
- Click the Edit draft button. (Note: If you have your reading pane set to be hidden, this button will not appear and you can skip to the next step.)
- A new draft of the template message will open. Edit the message as needed.
Whether you send, save, or discard the draft, the original template will stay in the Templates folder or label.
If you need to edit a template, we suggest moving the template into your Drafts folder, making the edits, and then moving it back into your Templates folder when you're done.