If you frequently start new messages by typing the same thing again and again, you can save time by creating a template.
To create a template:
- Create a folder or label called
Templates. Be sure to type it exactly like that, including the capital T.
- Compose a new message with the content you want to have as your template. Save this as a draft.
- Go to your Drafts folder and move the draft you just created to your Templates folder or label.
To start a new message from a template:
- Go to your Templates folder or label and click the message.
- Click the Edit draft button.
- A new draft of the template message will open. Edit the message as needed.
Whether you send, save, or discard the draft, the original template will stay in the Templates folder or label.