Fastmail makes importing or exporting your calendar events simple. You can upload events, or download the data from any of your calendars, in the industry-standard iCalendar (.ics) format.
Please note: Notification preferences or alarms for events cannot be imported to or exported from Fastmail. Notifications will need to be set up manually.
You can import events into one of your Fastmail calendars by dragging and dropping an .ics file into Fastmail, or by using our import tool on the Settings → Migration screen.
To import events using drag and drop:
- Open Fastmail and access either your Mail or Calendars screen.
- Drag and drop the .ics file onto your Fastmail screen. You should see a graphic that says Drop your file to add event.
- After dropping the .ics file, a pop-up will appear that says Add events from file. From here, you can see all of the events that the file contains. By default, all events will be selected for import. You can uncheck any individual events that you do not wish to import.
- Select the calendar into which you wish to import the events. (The calendar must already be created. If you would like to add the events to a new calendar upon import, this can be done by following the below steps for our import tool.)
- Click Add to calendar.
To import events using our import tool:
- Go to the Settings → Migration screen.
- Click Upload contacts and calendars at the bottom of the list.
- Under Calendars, click Select file and choose the file you wish to import. You can also drag and drop the file onto the screen.
- Select the calendar into which you wish to import the events, or select Create a new calendar.
- Click the Upload button.
After following either of these methods, your events will be uploaded and imported into the calendar. If the calendar already contains one of the events you are uploading, the details in the event will be replaced by those in the uploaded file.
To export one of your Fastmail calendars:
- Go to the Settings → Calendars screen.
- Click the Export link on the calendar you want to download.
- Click the Download button.
The calendar will begin downloading. Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted for where you wish to save it on your computer, or it may be automatically downloaded to your Downloads folder.
Calendars can also be exported on the Settings → Migration screen:
Go to Settings → Migration and click the Export tab.
Scroll down to the Export mail, calendars, and contacts section.
Click Download your mail, contacts, or calendars.
Select the calendar you'd like to download in the dropdown.
Click the Download button.