Fastmail makes importing or exporting your calendar events simple. You can upload events, or download the data from any of your calendars, in industry-standard iCalendar format.
Please note: Notification preferences for events cannot be imported to or exported from Fastmail. Notifications will need to be set up manually.
To import events into one of your Fastmail calendars:
- Go to the Settings → Import & Setup screen.
- Click Upload contacts and calendars.
- Click the Upload calendar file button.
- Navigate to the iCalendar (
.ics) file you want to import and click Open.
- Select the calendar into which you wish to import the events, or select Create a new calendar.
- Click the Upload button.
Your events will be uploaded and imported into the calendar. If the calendar already contains one of the events you are uploading, the details in the event will be replaced by those in the uploaded file.
To export one of your Fastmail calendars:
- Go to the Settings → Calendars screen.
- Click the Export link on the calendar you want to download.
- Click the Download button.
The calendar will begin downloading. Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted for where you wish to save it on your computer, or it may be automatically downloaded to your Downloads folder.
Calendars can also be exported on the Settings → Import & Setup screen. Scroll down to the Export section, and select the calendar you'd like to download in the dropdown. Then, click Download.