Snooze is a tool designed to move messages out of your Inbox, then bring them back when you are ready to respond. This can help you better manage your day and ensure emails appear when you are ready to act upon them.
Snooze is available for users subscribed to our Standard and Professional plans, and for any user subscribed to a legacy plan with at least 10 GB of mail storage.
How to snooze
You can snooze a message by opening it or selecting it from your list of messages, then clicking the Snooze button on the toolbar at the top of your mailbox.
You can choose how long you'd like the message to be snoozed. We offer the following options by default:
Later: This is 3 hours from the beginning of the current hour.
- Example: If it is currently 10:30 AM, the message will reappear at 1:00 PM (10:00 AM + 3 hours).
- This evening: 6:00 PM today. If it is after 6:00 PM, this option is disabled.
- Tomorrow: 8:00 AM tomorrow.
- This weekend: This coming Saturday at 8:00 AM.
- Next week: Next Monday at 8:00 AM.
Last custom: This will show the time and number of days you set in your previous custom selection.
- Example: On Monday, October 3rd, you snooze a message with a custom date/time of Wednesday, October 5th at 6:00 AM. The next day, this option would show as Thursday, October 6th at 6:00 AM, because Snooze remembers it as "2 days from now, at 6:00 AM."
- Choose a date and time...: This option allows you to set a custom day and time for a message to reappear.
If you have keyboard shortcuts enabled, the snooze menu can be opened when viewing a message by pressing B. Once the menu is opened, you can choose any of the above options by pressing the numbers 1 through 7.
Viewing snoozed messages
Once you've snoozed a message, it will automatically be moved to your Snoozed folder. From here, you can Unsnooze a message at any time if you need to. Unsnoozing a message will move it back to your Inbox (or the folder the message was previously in).
Once you snooze a message, the Snoozed folder is always visible by default, even if the folder is empty. If you'd like to hide this folder, you can do so by hovering over it, clicking the three vertical dots that appear, and selecting an option from the Show in sidebar menu.
The Snooze feature is available in our web interface and the Fastmail app. We are unable to provide the ability to snooze messages from a third party mail client.