At Fastmail, you can sync a calendar from your account at another service, such as Google or iCloud, while being able to view and manage it from your Fastmail account. This lets you make changes at either service and the calendar will stay up to date.
By default, we will sync all calendars from your external account except tasks, reminders, or to-dos. Tasks/reminders from external calendars can instead be displayed on third-party calendar apps that support these functions.
- How to set up sync
- Remove sync
- Event invitations on a synced calendar
- Sync failures and other problems
To sync some or all of your calendars from Google, iCloud or another CalDAV server:
1. Open the Settings → Calendars screen.
2. In the Add account section, select the option to Add calendars from.
3. Set where you want to sync from, whether this is Google, iCloud or another CalDAV server.
4. Log in to your external account as prompted.
- For Google you will log in via a popup window to Google's website.
- For iCloud you will need your iCloud username and password. If you've enabled 2-factor authentication on your iCloud account, you will need to create an application specific password first.
- For other calendar services simply enter your username, password and the URL for your calendar server.
5. Once logged in we will fetch the list of calendars in your account. The calendars will then be automatically created in your Fastmail account and set to sync with your external account. By default, we will sync all calendars from your external account.
We use the same name that the calendar has in the external account by default, however you can rename it and pick a new color.
Important note for Google Calendar users
By default, Google Calendar does not expose shared calendars over CalDAV. To allow these calendars to sync, please go to your Google Calendar's Sync Settings and select the calendars you wish to share.
To delete an individual calendar
On the Settings → Calendars screen, click the Edit & share button on the calendar you wish to remove, then click Delete calendar.
This will remove the calendar from Fastmail. You can re-add the calendar from its source account at any time.
To delete an external account
To stop syncing all calendars belonging to an external service, click Remove account from the entry under the Calendars heading.
Any calendars that were set up to sync at the time you remove the account will be removed from Fastmail.
If you don't mind your invites being sent from your Fastmail account and replies being returned to your Fastmail account, you can use your synced calendar from Fastmail as normal.
If you're experiencing any issues with syncing calendars, we have a calendar troubleshooting guide that covers some common problems we see customers experience. If this guide does not address your issue, please feel free to contact our support team.